This is a rundown of my daily schedule on this farm: wake up around 8:15. Have breakfast, usually oatmeal or toast with their amazing array of honeys, which they get from a nearby bee farm. OR, sometimes they had amaretti cookies, which are sugary, citrusy almond cookies that are soft and cakey on the inside. We leave the house around 9, and drive to Piero's mother's house. There, we would greet his mother, and decide what needed to be done for the day. 

On the days leading up to a delivery, we would get up an hour earlier to start harvesting. Those were the hardest days, and we would work all day and take few breaks. But eating oranges is a good way to stay energized and hydrated while working!

Having coffee every other hour works pretty well, too.

The deal at this farm was one day off per week. It wasn't a regular schedule with weekends, so I needed to ask ahead of time to get a day off. On my days off I tried to take advantage of the setting and just explore the area. 

I borrowed one of their bikes, an old one with a consistently flattened tired, and rode to the neighboring town Villaputzu for the day. I went to the bakery, as recommended by my host and the other WWOOFers, for lunch. A filling sandwich with proscuitto and cheese set me back about 2 euros, so both my stomach and wallet were happy.

At this point on my trip, my computer battery stopped working... so I was also using my day off to try and find a computer store. But in the end I couldn't find one that catered to Apple products, so I gave up on that.

Did you know that almost all shops and restaurants in Italy are closed in the afternoon? Like from 1 or 2 to 5PM, everyday. That's so awesome to me. It seems much better for shop owners and employees.

On my other day off, I took a trip to the beach. The beeaaccchhhh.

I just... love the beach. I was happy to lie in the sand all day.

I had my first Italian pizza from Italy here! It was the thin-crusted variety, stretched out super flat and huge so it looks like you are consuming a ridiculous amount of food, but it's really not so much. I was surprised when we ordered 6 extra large pizzas for 6 people, but quickly discovered that wolfing down my extra large wasn't a challenge at all. 

Usually after dinner, there wasn't much to do but listen to music and watch the fire. That's pretty much what I did (besides sulk about my broken computer).

One of the other WWOOFers started a collection of misfit fruits. I love it.

That's all I've got about this beautiful place! In hindsight, I probably should have just stayed longer at this farm. I had already agreed to my next farm though, I was still very excited to get to my next stop--Rome!